Webinar Recording: Indian Mining Market – Updates, Opportunities, and Challenges
Altios India joined Austmine last August 2020 for an insightful discussion on the Indian Mining Market!
India is a market full of potential for Australian METS companies, but it can often be difficult to break into. This live webinar sought to provide a current snapshot of the local mining market, providing insights into emerging opportunities, investment environment, local regulations and the pitfalls to avoid when entering India.
The webinar started with a presentation from Madhav Raina-Thapan, Managing Director, Altios India, who explored:
– The mining sector overview including key players, timelines and geographies
– Private sector investment, the role of multinational firms and current services and products supplied
– The current opportunities and challenges in the market including reforms, mergers/sales and risks
The speakers were then joined by Dallas Wilkinson, Managing Director Asia Pacific, Dennemeyer IP and Mac Powolny, General Manager, Nautitech Mining Systems for a METS panel on the market. They discussed:
– Their first-hand experiences in the market
– Roadblocks faced in accessing India
– Perspectives on the greatest opportunities for Australian METS